Youth Mentoring & Family Support
Our youth mentoring services provide social and emotional support for tweens and teens who are struggling with behavioral health challenges
Your child’s mentor will be there to:
- Help your child understand their strengths and challenges.
- Help your child set personal goals.
- Provide your child support and encouragement to move forward.
- Explore different types of coping strategies to get through tough times.
- Help your child practice communicating their feelings and needs.
- Services are provided in your child’s school or at home.
- We also offer support for parents and caregivers!
Some families can get help paying for youth mentoring services through the Children’s Services Act (CSA). To see if you qualify, visit the CSA website (csa.virginia.gov) or contact your local CSA Coordinator. We also accept private pay on a sliding scale. Youth mentoring services are not covered by insurance (including Medicaid).
For more information, call or email us.
540-217-0869 | Services@StrengthInPeers.org
Support Without Judgment From Adults Who Listen.
Our mission is to support our community so everyone develops resiliency and thrives in their daily lives. We don’t trivialize the feelings of youth or families, but rather listen to their stories and provide support and encouragement without telling them what to do. Our mentor’s similar lived experiences are the foundation for better understanding and compassion for youth and families facing challenges. Do you have a child who could benefit from our services? Contact a member of our team to discuss our youth mentoring and family support services.