Peer Support Jobs Where Passion & Purpose Come Together.
Find rewarding work in any of the peer support jobs we offer at Strength In Peers. Strengthen your own recovery, support the recovery efforts of our participants, and learn valuable skills with frequent training and educational opportunities. We are an equal opportunity employer proud to offer our employees:
- Competitive wages
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement plan
- Holidays and other paid time off
- Built-in wellness days to focus on your personal recovery
- Flexible schedules
- Short-term disability
- Flexible medical and dependent spending accounts
Peer Recovery Support INTERNSHIP
Earn the 500 hours of peer support experience needed to qualify for the Virginia PRS Certification!
Paid Internship: $11.00/hour
20-to-30 hours/week depending on your schedule for up to 500 total hours.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Apply here: https://forms.gle/pRedKpmFAtSXgLVQ9
General Job Duties:
- Learn from peers in recovery and share experiences in order to help others.
- Get and give support that is based on respect and mutual agreement of what is helpful.
- Motivate others to move past fear and towards goals and aspirations.
- Help with the development of wellness plans and action plans.
- Assist with our Harm Reduction and Street Outreach programs to provide overdose reversal training, prevention education, and resource connection.
- Support evidence-based peer recovery groups.
- Provide resource connection and linkages to health and social services.
- Collect data and learn why data collection is important to the peer recovery field.
- Collaborate in a supportive environment that encourages multiple recovery pathways.
- Minimum of 1 year in active recovery from substance use, mental health, and/or trauma-related challenges.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have completed the Virginia 72- hour CPRS training.
- Background check required.
- Driver’s license required.