Harrisonburg Community Resource Center
Walk-Ins on Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m.
Mondays by Appointment only. Call us at 540-208-2941.
Our Center Is Free & Open To The Public:
- Assistance navigating and applying for housing assistance and public benefits.
- Assistance in creating resumes and applying for jobs.
- Free access to our computer lab with WIFI, copiers, printers, scanners, and fax.
- Resource guides listing local shelters, food sources, and clothing resources.
- Peer support groups and workshops.
- Assistance enrolling in one of our programs.
- Rapid HIV/Hepatitis C testing.
Multiple Community Resources In One Stop.
We collaborate with nonprofits, community organizations, and public agencies in our area to provide a one stop shop for information and referrals to services for anyone in the community. Community providers are welcome to send us information and brochures about their programs or join us for one of our workshops or educational opportunities. Community resilience starts with access to help and support.
Advocacy & Empowerment Starts With Information.
At Strength In Peers, we believe recovery starts when those struggling with substance use, mental health, and trauma related challenges choose to access information and resources pertinent to their recovery. Our one-on-one peer support, community navigation services, and support groups are designed to foster independence and empower our participants to advocate for themselves and choose the recovery pathway that works best for them.